Dom Timothy the Oblates Master has some availability for the Oblates Retreat, 2nd to 6th June 2014. This week will give you the opportunity to step off the treadmill of everyday life and enter the peaceful daily routine of the Devine Office in the tranquil and peaceful setting of the Benedictine Abbey.
“Sustain me Lord according to your promise, that I may live, and let me not be disappointed in my hope”
Dom Timothy, the Oblate Master, is in the middle of revising our register of oblates. He has discovered that:
– we have 101 oblates, of whom 9 are probationers
– clergy compose 60% of the register, laity 40%
– the oblate living nearest the Abbey lives in the Gatehouse of the Abbey itself!
– the most distant oblate lives in New Zealand
– we have oblates in the UK, USA, Spain, Norway, New Zealand, Denmark, Cyprus & Australia
– the longest-professing, living oblate was clothed in 1965 (On my first birthday! Webmaster)
Oblates – watch out for responses to your ideas, coming up in the next few months…