Here is an interesting article by Methodist minister James Pritchard who has been a member of the Community’s extended family since he was 8 years old! In it he reflects on the importance of people and places in one’s spiritual formation. The whole blog is worth a read. We look forward to reading the outcome of his time at Alton Abbey!
Dom Timothy, the Oblate Master, is in the middle of revising our register of oblates. He has discovered that:
– we have 101 oblates, of whom 9 are probationers
– clergy compose 60% of the register, laity 40%
– the oblate living nearest the Abbey lives in the Gatehouse of the Abbey itself!
– the most distant oblate lives in New Zealand
– we have oblates in the UK, USA, Spain, Norway, New Zealand, Denmark, Cyprus & Australia
– the longest-professing, living oblate was clothed in 1965 (On my first birthday! Webmaster)
Oblates – watch out for responses to your ideas, coming up in the next few months…